Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Abomination Cake

Okay this is embarrassing but I have made a commitment to reveal the good, the bad, AND the ugly. This definitely qualifies as The Ugly. This abortion is supposed to be a very cool treasure chest cake I found online. What I made is something that looks like it was put together by 12 monkeys hopped up on acid-laced banana juice. Poor Julius.

P.S. Right after I posted this and went back to look at the cake to see if it was as bad as I remembered (it was), I discovered the "lid" of the cake broke in half. Rob says, "It's okay honey... it's an OLD chest and a little bit broken." I hate this.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Oh, it's cute! Besides it's chocolate AND it has...candy! What's not to love about that? *L*

Wendy said...

Well, that's true. A very good point. Actually, I was really proud of myself because the back of the cake had a hole in it and was collapsing, so I stuck a fruit roll-up over the hole and plastered over it with icing! Ha!

Tatiana said...

I think it looks great - and since it's homemade, you KNOW it tastes good too! And Neen is right ... you can't go wrong with any food group that contains chocolate.